The Technician is a key member of the facilities management team, and is responsible for implementing building maintenance program, supervising engaged contractors / service providers in completing assigned tasks to ensure continual building operability. He/she has the opportunity to grow into the Facilities Executive position.
- Supervise engaged contractors / service providers for routine preventive maintenance and/or repair works, and conduct inspection upon completion works.
- Complete detailed / routine checks on building, equipment and systems to determine systems / equipment functionality, and/or identify potential malfunctions.
- Attend to any alarms, or reports by BMS, tenants, contractors, etc., to identify cause of problem. With consultation with Executives / Manager, follow through with repairs to rectify fault(s).
- Carry out basic maintenance service of identified equipment.
- Complete minor repairs, of electrical fixtures/appliances, mechanical equipment, plumbing, building finishes, joinery, etc.
- Identify areas and/or processes for improvement of building performance, energy consumption, operational efficiency, staff productivity and asset value.
- Execute approved building improvement initiatives.
- Thorough inspections based on building inspection program.
- Complete minor improvement / repairs.
- Identification of causes of building faults & follow-through on prompt defects’ rectification.
- Updated inventory of spares/parts, tools & equipment.
- Proposals for improvement to building systems / initiatives.
- Timely implementation of approved improvement initiatives.
- Detailed, meticulous, with discipline to follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Team player, yet able to deliver results working independently without supervision.
- Keen interest in improvement, including technical (use of new technology) and operations (change of operational processes).
- Good written / spoken English, and communicates effectively with personnel across different functional levels.
- Able to perform shift duties, on weekends or after-hours, where required.